Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Starring' and 'Watching'

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi everyone!

My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager in Jira Cloud. Our team has been looking into areas to improve the way users navigate & find things through the product.

Frame 2.png

We would love to know what you think about these two concepts: starring and watching. Specifically:

• What do you think ‘watching’ is? When would you use it?

• What do you think ‘starring’ is? When would you use it?

• If you’re currently a Jira Cloud customer, can you tell us about the most recent time you used watching and/or starring?

Feel free to leave comments below, or if you’d like to chat directly, please email me at mtse[at]atlassian[dot]com.

Cheers!

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

For me

Watching:  I have an interest in this issue for some reason.  Usually as something outside my direct working list of issues.  I use it a lot on issues on the other end of links from my issues, and when I have any interest (for example, we give new starters a list of things to do.  I watch the ones I need to report on, although I have no direct action to take on them).  I expect to be notified of significant changes on watched issues.

Starring:  Feel like bookmarks to me.  There is something on them I want to come back to, but not necessarily get updated about.

On the Cloud instances I use, I use a lot of watching, especially on the stuff my people are specifically (supposed to be) working on.  Starring, I use a lot less, as the Cloud systems do not belong to my organisation and rarely hold things I want to come back to regularly.  (Whereas our Confluence instance is littered with my stars)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events