How to determine the last user who has been granted Application Access?

invinci October 26, 2017

Just wondering if someone knows this better.

We have a couple of Jira administrators to maintain Jira and other atlassian products in case one does not show up. During this period, it is getting difficult for the administrators to communicate the information about what changes have been made on the web application.

To make things simpler, I was thinking if there was a way to track what changes have been made to JIRA on a daily basis. The Audit Log gives you the higher level information of what has changed but not the details.

For now I am just concerned about the user management - how do I determine the last user who has been granted JIRA application access or a specific project role based access? Can this be accomplished?

I am open to hear your thoughts on this.

Thank You!

1 comment

Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

I would say it comes down to how you are tracking changes. Do you have a system that people use to request access to JIRA? Or is it just email?

invinci October 26, 2017

Yes, we have an internal system to track them, but it has become more cumbersome to do it that way and we started with a project inside JIRA to keep track. 

I was just curious if there is a better way to do this from JIRA rather than going to another environment which is serves as a watchdog.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events