How ironic... Can't raise a JIRA for JIRA itself on the JIRA website...

Vincent D'Haeyere June 8, 2018

OK, I have been trying to raise a JIRA for JIRA 7.0.10 regarding an issue during authentication... but I'm being denied access since I don't have the rights to assign the bug I'm trying to create... (Never had used JIRA website before, just logged in with Google account).

Anyway, here is the issue if anyone want to raise it properly :

when a leading space is inserted before the username + correct password, the authentication will fail.

expected behaviour - I'm expecting that leading space or trailing spaces for username to be trimmed and don't impact actual login process.

2 answers

0 votes
Vincent D'Haeyere June 8, 2018

Well, it's not a burning issue for me, I was just willing to make a good deed by reporting an issue I spotted - but if I have to go through hoops to report an issue, thanks but no thanks... I will not follow up on this report any further.

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hi Vincent,

Have you tried contacting support directly? You can reach them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

-Scott

Suggest an answer