How can we populate default Message in Fields

Salwadi Edukondal March 18, 2020

For example,Yes or No check boxes, If i select Yes,Name,Location should show normal but Country field should show NA message.If i select No, Name,Location should show NA.

1 comment

Comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

Hi Salwadi,

most likely this won't work with the basic-functionality that comes out of the box.

In an on-premise installation it would be possible to implement, at least, a great portion of requirements by using a specialized App (ScriptRunner Behaviors are quite powerful, for example). Several of them which I know that are capable of implementing the requirements I found out not being compatible with Jira Cloud, though.

Also a potential opportunity which does not work in Jira Cloud, from what I found out, is to work with Java Script in Custom Fields. To make things worse - nowadays, it is generally rather considered bad configuration style.

In case you planning to enroll a more complex data gathering or are about to collect data on a regular basis for more than one use case having a look on a dedicated App might be a good idea.

There are plenty in Marketplace. Here is just one example ("ProFroma" of ThinkTilt), which could direct your further study and investigation:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-custom-fields-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You could test using the "Free 30 days trial" if it meets your needs.
Please also have a look at the introduction YouTube-Videos which you find on the Marketplace listings. They explain the functions and are very easy to understand.

Cheers,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events