G'day πŸ‘‹πŸΌ I'm Marty, Senior Developer Cloud - Media. How can we improve?

Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

G'day,

I'm Marty, a Senior Developer on our Cloud Platform working on Media (files).

My team work on handling all of the files that you upload to Jira and Confluence Cloud, allowing you to annotate and edit them, generating thumbnails, making them available to you across our products.  We're talking images, video, audio, documents, etc.

I would love to know what you think we are doing well and what you think we could improve.

Are there specific file types that you use that we could handle better?

Are there specific things you would like us to do that we are not doing?

Please let me know!

2 comments

Comment

Thomas Ohrbom March 7, 2019

Hi Martyn,

Happy to see you reach out. There are a number of serious issues with regards to media files and how they are handled in the new editing experience (Fabric Editor) in Confluence Cloud.

Here are the highlights:

• No longer possible to insert a file from existing attachments on a page (see CONFCLOUD-64997 and CONFCLOUD-64558)
  • When importing a Word document with images the images will no longer be imported (see CONFCLOUD-65580)
  • If a page created in the old editor contained uploaded files (word, pdf etc), once the page is converted to the new editor the user can no longer click on these files liked in the page content to get an in browser preview of the file. The files are instead downloaded. This also means the user can no longer edit these uploaded files using the Atlassian Companion (see CONFCLOUD-65583)
  • In general some issues with in browser preview of attached files (see CONFCLOUD-65624)
  • No longer possible to attach/link attached files to lists (numbered/bulleted) (see CONFCLOUD-64564)

The above all worked well in the old editor. Please help fix these issues as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Like β€’ # people like this
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Thanks for the feedback Thomas - I will chat to the team(s) about these.

Like β€’ Thomas Ohrbom likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

Small thing, but does Jira Cloud delete thumbnail files after an attachment is deleted? It should do but I suspect it may not do

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events