Assigning Project Lead to dummy JIRA account

Tom Cukar June 5, 2018

As our JIRA database grows, managing project lead roles when longtime managers leave the company is not ideal. ie. Assigning new Project Leads when someone's account is deactivated. Also, reassigning Project Leads on EVERY archived project seems a bit silly.

If I created a placeholder account within JIRA that would be the Project Lead for these projects and set the actual Project Manager as an Admin within the project, I believe the only difference would be that the project manager would not be assigned new issues without components specified, correct? 

I'm kind of baffled as to why Atlassian would say the way Project Lead role is handled is not a priority.

2 answers

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2018

Yea, that's a good workaround. But we do not user 'Project Lead' much, this will be usually the admin who created the JIRA project and all project managers will be added to the Administrator role 

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Tom,

That's what i would do. 

Victor

Suggest an answer