Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New invited user in premium subs can not create an overview

Oussema Marai May 6, 2024

New invited user in premium subs can not create an overview in Jira work management, why ? 

2 answers

1 vote
Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2024

Hi Oussema,

Thank you for your questions and your patience. I aim to answer all of them, so I will try to capture each one. Let me know afterwards if there are areas that I didn’t answer. I’ll also email you separately so you have my direct contact, and happy to chat about this further.

New invited user in premium subs can not create an overview in Jira work management, why ? 

We have done a further investigation on this, and our apologies; it is an oversight on our end. To be clear, this happens when a newly invited user is only added to JWM Premium subs (so this user is not given Jira Premium subs). This new user should still be able to create an Overview until the whole JWM license is migrated in early 2025. We are working on rolling out the fixes as soon as possible.

the first access to the new user, he found the feature of Overview but looked at the error message displayed. 

Once the issue I mentioned above is fixed, they will be able to proceed with the creation flow.

we are in the Premium sub but the Plans didnt display also.

look its simple i payed a seat for my team member X in Jira work management and he can not create an overview and he didnt have the feature Plans , please find a solution ASAP its urgent 

if you wan to combine Jira software and Jira work management why i still have 2 plateform

I'm sorry to hear about all the confusion the changes have caused. This is due to these reasons:

1. The issue I mentioned above. Once fixed, your team members who are only on the JWM Premium license will still have access to Overviews.

2. I see from one of your screenshots that your instance has separate Jira Premium and JWM Premium licenses, with different users being assigned to each product. For your team members to also have access to Plans, they have to be given access to a Jira Premium license. Likewise, if you want your team members to only have access to JWM and Overviews, when you invite them, you can exclude Jira Premium, like below. 

Invite.png

3. We will still have these 2 licenses until early 2025, as specified here on the FAQ page. After migration, all users will just be on one Jira license. At this point, Overviews will no longer be available for everyone. Please be assured that we are working on improving Plans continuously. I also saw the feedback you sent through regarding Plan Calendar experience, we are improving its experience as we speak. I would love to include you in our user feedback testing, I'll include details of that as well in my email. 

i am the admin and i pay for Premium 10$ per user and this is what i see when i go to the Plans

and when i click in Try it free , it take me to the billing plans !!? why i need to pay 160$/month ?

Is this is still happening? I saw in the other community post that you already have access to Plans.

If this is happening to your team members, as mentioned above, please check whether they have access to Jira premium only, JWM premium only, or both.

In Atlassian Admin, go to Directory > Users to view what Product Access they have. As they might be a JWM only user.

I hope this answers all your questions. Again, we apologise for any confusion about the changes. Let me know if there are more questions I can answer for you. Otherwise, as @Trudy Claspill mentioned, you can contact the Billing, Pricing, & Licensing team here if you have more detailed queries regarding the migration that is planned for early 2025:

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hello @Oussema Marai 

What happens when the user tries to do that? Is there an error message?

Per an announcement at Atlassian Team 24, Jira Work Management and Jira Software are merging into a single product that will be called simply "Jira". One of the changes related to this is already rolling out, and that is the move of JWM Overviews to the Plans menu in Premium and Enterprise subscriptions. The documentation reflects this change with a note at the top of the page:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-is-an-overview/

I am wondering if that means that new users have to be added to the Plans Global Permission for Plans User in order to be able to create what was a JWM Overview now? I have posted that question in the comments of the announcement I linked above.

Oussema Marai May 7, 2024

the first access to the new user he found the feature of Overview but look at the error message displayed. 

Capture d’écran 2024-05-07 104040.png

then when i invite him to a project the feature gone look at the picture below. evewise we are in the Premium sub but the Plans didnt display also.

uuugy.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hello,

The error message translated is:

"unable to create preview

overviews have been replaced by jira plans"

This aligns with the Announcement I referenced that the JWM Overviews feature was moved to be part of the Plans feature.

The ability to create a Plan is governed by global permissions specific to the Plans feature. I suspect that since JWM Overviews are now created by making a Plan, then users that want to create a JWM Overview have to be granted permissions to create a Plan.

Those Global Permissions for Plans are accessed through the Settings option in the Plans menu.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.33.04 AM.png

That will take you to a page where you can grant permissions related to Plans (and now Overviews) to user groups. I believe you will need to make sure the users are in a user group that is added to the Plans User permission.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.35.02 AM.png

Oussema Marai May 8, 2024

Thanks for the respond ; i am the admin and i pay for Premium 10$ per user and this is what i see when i go to the Plans

nrnnnrt.png

and when i click in Try it free , it take me to the billing plans !!? why i need to pay 160$/month ?

Capture d'écran 2024-05-08 142826dqsd.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

In the past the Plans option was available only if the subscription plan was Premium. But that message suggests that you are not actually currently paying for a Premium subscription. 

Can you go to your Billing administration page and confirm the products to which you have subscribed and the plan for each one?

Oussema Marai May 9, 2024

Trudy i know its not your fault but it make me upset and i gonna change this platform.

I confirmed the product and now i will pay for Jira and Jira work management !!!! why !!

Capture d'écran 2024-05-09 100134.pngand i tested in the interface of my team member X , and he didnt have the feature Plan , ( and its logic cuz it charged on Jira (ancian Jira software) when X is register in Jira work management ) and i payed a seat for him and he can not create an overview !! pls explain this , if you wan to combine Jira software and Jira work management why i still have 2 plateform ! look its simple i payed a seat for my team member X in Jira work management and he can not create an overview and he didnt have the feature Plans , please find a solution ASAP its urgent 

pls contact me in my email 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

I have posted questions about the licensing and permissions aspect of the change under the articles announcing changes to Jira Work Management, linked below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Premium-articles/Welcome-to-the-next-era-of-Jira-Premium/ba-p/2686785

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Articles/Jira-Work-Management-is-now-part-of-Jira/ba-p/2683620#U2694980

I haven't seen any replies yet.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with a solution. I am just another user of the Atlassian products.

Beyond that I can recommend that you open a support case to ask questions directly of Atlassian Support about this situation, and make use of the Feedback option within Jira itself to get your feedback directly to the Atlassian team.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2024

Hello @Oussema Marai 

Please see the comment from Irene of the Atlassian Team in response to my questions on this topic in this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Premium-articles/Welcome-to-the-next-era-of-Jira-Premium/ba-p/2686785

You might also want to review the information about licensing for JWM and how that will change as it merges with JSW to become Jira. Information about that can be found here:

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira-core#jira-work-management

If additional clarification is needed, you can contact the Billing, Pricing, & Licensing team here:

https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events