Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira work management kanban board filters

Felipe Faria Cazetta May 3, 2024

Hello!

I created a Jira work management project (Company-managed software) containing several custom fields, but I cannot filter the values in the kanban view, whereas in the list and timeline view I can.

I can't configure the board, like in jira software, and I need these filters applied in the kanban. I have other projects with the same configurations and they all worked.

1. Kanban filters:

image.png

2. List filters:
image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2024

Hi @Felipe Faria Cazetta , it appears that your images are from a JWM project, correct? I do not understand what you mean when you reference the ability to filter by custom field in a software kanban project. Could you please share details on this, e.g. images of filtering by custom fields in JSW Kanban view.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2024

Also please provide details on the type of custom field. I recall there are limitations here. For example, I do not believe multiple select fields are supported.

Felipe Faria Cazetta May 7, 2024

@Jack Brickey  yes, they are images of a JWM project!
I am unable to filter the custom fields in the Kanban view, but I can do so normally in the list and timeline views. Also, there is no way to configure the board in JWM like its's possible in JSW.

Felipe Faria Cazetta May 7, 2024

Moreover, I have other JWM projects where I can filter all fields in the Kanban, list, and timeline views. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2024

The list view and board view don't support the same features. Too JWM and JSW are different applications and board config is indeed different. Now this might change in time given that Atlassian has announced that the two will be merged into one. 

regarding your last comment it would be worthwhile understanding whether the field types are different between those that can be filtered and those that cannot. Feel free to share screenshots and field type details and I can try to reproduce myself.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events