Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I bulk move issues in Jira Cloud with next-gen projects?

natalie.godec September 13, 2019

I'd like to bulk move all open issues from one project to another. I've seen the instructions for Jira Software, but I don't have a "Tools" button, and the ... button on the top right of the search page shows "no available options".

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @natalie.godec

The options button (3 dots in top-right corner) does contain the Bulk Change button on Jira Cloud. This is located on the issue search page (Magnifying Glass > Advanced search for issues). Used it to move some Next-Gen issues just now to verify.

If you aren't seeing an option for Bulk Change - check the global permissions for it. You'll need to be a Site Admin for this:

• Click Settings (the cog icon on the far-left navigation bar
  • Select System, then under Security select Global Permissions
  • Ensure the user group you are part of has the "Bulk Change" permission - if not, activate it and try to move the issues again

^ Let us know if either of these solve the issue :)

Ste

corneliskettenis March 16, 2020

this helped me out a lot! thank you!

Jim Hawksworth September 11, 2020

Thank you, this is very helpful!

3 votes
Nathan Charrois January 29, 2021

Why can't you simply go to your backlog, select the issues you want to move, and move them?

0 votes
Pablo Castillo November 9, 2020

I actually tried this. I am a site admin and a jira admin. The permission to bulk move is enabled. However, that option is not available. There is no advanced search nor there is a way to bulk move.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Pablo Castillo 

Advanced issue search has moved; you will now find it via "Filters" on the main navigation bar, at the bottom of the drop-down list.

If you're still having issues once on the issue search page, it's also worth checking this page to see if you can troubleshoot what the error might be.

Let us know if you need any further help :)

Ste

Like # people like this
Pablo Castillo September 9, 2022

Validated. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events