Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation to Jira work management

Oussema Marai February 29, 2024

Hi Jira Support,

There are two negative aspects about Jira Work Management:

The overview contains only 20 projects! This is not feasible, especially since I purchased the premium version.

Why can't you assign two people to one ticket? In our company, sometimes two people work together on the same task. Why do I need to duplicate the task?

Please take these points into consideration. There are many tickets on these subjects.

Thank you.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Where are you seeing this 20 project limit?  I can see over a hundred in my overviews and that's after I've deliberately had myself removed from projects that I do not need to be involved in.

Jira was written to be a better issue tracker than another one that I don't need to mention, which had problems with it like "multiple assignees".  You should never have multiple assignees, it will inevitably cause you problems and renders you unable to do any real form of project management.  The assignee is the one single point of contact - their job is to deal with the issue.  If you have two or more, your process is broken because no-one has to take responsibility. 

It is, of course, absolutely fine to have "if the assignee is not around, here's a bunch of other people who might be worth asking" fields - add a multi-user picker, a group picker, or take advantage of the Team field.  Or abandon assignee completely, and work on the assumption that a team looking at a board are collectively responsible.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events