atlas-create-jira-plugin throws error

Andre Mühle January 19, 2022

When I run "C:\git>atlas-create-jira-plugin" and fill in the group-id and other stuff the script throws an error

[WARNING] CP Don't override file C:\git\gmlu.worklog\src\main\resources\META-INF
[WARNING] CP Don't override file C:\git\gmlu.worklog\src\main\resources\META-INF\spring
[INFO] Executing META-INF/archetype-post-generate.groovy post-generation script
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make protected void java.lang.Object.finalize() throws java.lang.Throwable accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 22:45 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2022-01-19T19:53:53+01:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.1.2:create (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Unable to execute mojo: Execution null of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] realm = plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1

All fresh installed on my machine.

1 answer

0 votes
Andre Mühle January 19, 2022

I guess this is the problem:

Since JDK 16, the default for the --illegal-access option is deny, so “deep reflection” to JDK classes fails.

So I would have to use JDK8. But I need JDK17 for other reasons. So I guess Atlassian has to update they're environment from the stoneage forward to the current time. For now I uninstall the Atlassian SDK again and use another computer (has currently another error with java).

I have to say I hate Java Development... what a mess

Jabreal Johnson February 15, 2022

Yeah, they need to do better with their developer resources; moreover, based on the direction of JIRA/JIRA Align, I wonder if their is still an open community culture to their products.

Like Andre Mühle likes this

Suggest an answer