You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have a problem, which's been haunting me for weeks now.
I have 5 projects in Jira. I created a filter, which displays all issues in all those 5 projects. In every of those projects I created an "All issues" board with the filter mentioned before. I also created "All issues in this project" in every project.
On top of all that I have a custom workflow (Open > In Progress > QA > Under Review > Closed), where Open status and Closed status are the ones from the original Jira workflow.
Now, when I start a sprint with issues from each of the 5 projects. The tasks that are closed don't get burned down properly on the burndown chart for any of the "All issues" boards. I can only see them burn down if I switch to the "All issues in this project" board.
Does anyone have an idea how to I fix the burndown chart for multiple projects?
I got it sorted out. See the order of columns is what I've been looking at all this time. That is naturally important, your final state has to be in the rightmost column in your board.
The culprit was the resolution field.
As it turns out, my workflow didn't set any resolution and in effect the tasks didn't get burned down properly in a multi-project view. They did however update in the single project view, because of the column alignment mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Updating the resolution field to "Done" did the trick for the current sprint. The previous sprints are almost good, the only but is, the issues that got closed in previous sprints are treated as removed from the sprint and their statuses are set to "In Progress", even though they are "Closed" (to verify just click at any of them).
Now there's a little caveat here. You can't directly change the value of the resolution field
1. Set resolution field in all "Closed" tasks to "Done".
1.1. To do that I added a transition from the "Closed" state to back to itself and I added a POST function, which changes the resolution field to "Done".
1.2. After that I went to "Issues and Filters", used JQL to look up all the issues which are "Closed" but have no resolution set. And then made a bulk status transition from "Closed" to itself, using the newly defined transition which triggers the POST function I added.
1.3. I deleted the "Closed" > "Closed" transition
2. Made all the future transitions "Under Review" > "Closed" set resolution to "Done"
2.1. I added a POST function to the "Under Review" > "Closed" transition and published the workflow
I skipped over some steps like creating a draft of a current workflow and publishing it etc.
To add another final status that finishes the lifetime of a ticket in a different way than "Closed", say "Rejected". Just remember to add resolution to e.g "Won't fix" or so