Invite unauthorized user to project and share timeline

Onur Cevik March 28, 2024

Hey,

Is it possible to invite an unauthorized user to a jira project with read-only access? I would like to share issues and especially roadmap/timeline with our customers who are not Jira users. Could someone help me further without referring to a chargeable app? Just by using Jira and it´s functions. Thanks a lot!

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hello @Onur Cevik 

People can access your project if they are licensed users. The level of access (read-only or writable) depends on the permissions granted to the users. If you want to invite an individual, that will mean they are granted a license to your product.

Whether or not you can actually issue an invitation will depend on how your Organization Admins have set up the Organization in which your product resides. Are you only a site administrator, or are you an Organization Administrator?

To allow unlicensed users to access your project you would have to change the project permissions to make it publicly/anonymously visible. However, that would make that project visible to everybody on the internet. In that case you are not inviting individuals to the project.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Onur Cevik 

You can't provide access to a Timeline (either in Plans or on a Board) to a user without a license - all users need a license to access a non-public instance (i.e one the whole internet could see).

There are feature requests for this though, check out...

---

Current alternatives are...

I know you mentioned no paid Apps, but they're the best dynamic solution.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events