How can I create a theme ?

Samarth Patel January 29, 2019

I have standard JIRA Agile template for my agile scrum project. I need to create several themes to broke down the epics into multiple under one "Theme". Currently, I'm using JIRA cloud software and could not able to find how can I set up this hierarchy. i.e THEME > EPIC > USER STORES> Sub-tasks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Hello  Samarth and welcome to the Community!

There is not a direct hierarchical editor within Jira cloud. Instead, you can create epics that function as sub-projects within your project itself. More on this topic may be found at JIRA Software: Hierarchy.

Within that article, they reference some add-ons which may help to add hierarchical functionality to Jira. Only the Links Hierarchy is available in Cloud. Here is what the article references:

If you need more hierarchical views, you should consider an app like Links Hierarchy, Structure, or others available in the Atlassian Marketplace.

I hope this article proves helpful and you’re able to structure your project in a way to works best for your organization.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer