Gadgets are not appearing on Jira dashboard.

sjatla June 3, 2021

We have implemented the SSL for JIRA and after that Gadgets are not appearing correctly.

Resulting the attached error. Certificates have been trusted with Java Keystore but still giving the issue. Followed the different articles to resolve the issue but the issue didnot resolved. Any suggestions?:

GadgetError.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

This error is not always down to SSL (it usually is, as it's most commonly reported when someone switches from serving Jira on http to https)

The error is actually more "Jira can't talk to itself".  SSL is only one of many reasons that a service might not be able to reach itself. 

The basics can be tested on the server with a really simple trick - log in on a command line (ideally switching to the user that is running the Jira service), and try a simple "curl <your jira base url>" or "curl <your jira base url>".

The error message from that will tell you where the error is.  In fact, I expect this to throw an error no matter what, but the type of error is important - if the error is not about SSL, then it will tell you, in most cases, exactly what the error is - dns on this server can't resolve its own name, the network is not letting the server talk to itself because of a firewall, there's no network route out and back in again, etc.   If the error is around SSL, then I'd expect a "can't find certificate path" type error, as the commands I've given you explicitly do not name a certificate!

I'd like to see what those tests get us before we start digging more, as there could be a lot more to say about each type of error, and it's not worth the reams of essays and lookups on stuff if we're looking at the wrong problem!

Suggest an answer