Field - How old is a task?

Admin OKZT April 17, 2024

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a field that lets me know, how many days a task exists. 

For example: I create a task today (17.04.2024)

So today this field shows 0

Tomorrow it would be 1

The next day  2 and so on. 

Cheers 

Jenny

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Admin OKZT 

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?  That is, "why do this?"

Knowing that may help to reveal solution options.

Until we know that...there is nothing built in to provide a single field for the number of days since the issue was created.  Some workarounds are:

• Use the built-in control chart to see the amount of time in various statuses
  • Use a custom number field and automation rule with a scheduled trigger to update the field.  Although that will have limitations, as rules could only process 100 issues per execution (although there are ways to address that too)...but even those could lead to other automation / packaging limit issues.
  • Use a marketplace addon to add calculated, dynamic fields

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Admin OKZT  

There's no system field to calculate dates since ticket creation, but you can create a custom field and use Jira Automation to achieve this requirement. Basically, you can set a rule to update the field value when the issue is scheduled.

Here's a similar discussion for the detailed solution: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Re-Re-JQl-for-how-many-days-since-a-ticket-was-created/qaq-p/1562306/comment-id/67745#M67745 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events