Epic % complete doesn't match child issues

Steve Melzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

I am looking at a backlog board for a new Kanban style project we created.  In the Epic list it has a % complete for each Epic, but it doesn't match either the number of issues or the % complete for the epic's children.

The Epic in the epic gutter looks like this:
image.png

but the children of the epic look like this:
image.png

The only other "Done" category status is a "Done" status that I do not have any of the children of the epic in yet.

With this all said, I have made many changes to the workflow in the last several days and it is very likely that some of the stories were once in a "Done" category status but now are not.  Is the % complete stored as a state and not calculated real-time?

Thanks,

Steve

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi Steve - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is this a Scrum project? Is the Merged status in the far right (last) column of the Scrum board? If so, Jira determines the issue is complete if in the far right column.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Steve Melzer 

It might be a filtered view of the Epic's progress in the Epic Panel.

Are all the issues in Project RD also present in the Board (i.e part of the Board's issue filter)? Especially RD-25.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events