Enter button not adding issue in backlog

bi_rahul April 16, 2024

Hi 

We are using Team based Project with Kanban and Scrum, 

I am Free Tier,

I have assign team member and having role Admin, but when he try to create issue that is happening nothing. 

Flow: 

1. In Scrum Project > BackLog > Already few backlog items there which are created by me.

2. I have assign team member in that so he/she can create issue in the backlog.

3. When he/she click on the "create Issue" button and Press Enter it goes to the next line rather creating the issues in the backlog. 

4. OS : MAC & Window

I have assign 4 team members and they all facing the same issue, but when I am using their login details in my MAC system then using ENTER button issues are created successfully. 

I think is something technical issue, you are creating task when pressing ENTER button. but when the ENTER button have different meaning in the different system then after it will not work. for that you have to provide manual "submit button" or provide any suggestion to user to create an issue using ALT + Enter or like that.

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Welcome to the community @bi_rahul 

I have performed the tests from my side, here are the outcomes:

1. Kanban team-managed - issue created with ENTER successfully

2.Kanban scrum team managed - issue created with ENTER successfully as well

I am using MacOS without any issues. So, the conclusion is that only Windows users have issues when creating the issues. Which browser are they using?

bi_rahul April 17, 2024

Without pressing enter, How can I create new issue?

I think you didnt understood my problem,
My concern is that in some system or laptop ENTER key add in new line rather than functioning with Submit or Okay.
Functions of ENTER key
ENTER Key - Functioning to Adding new line.
ENTER key - Functioning as ENTER OR SUBMIT 
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

I understand your concern. I am checking if this is happening on the Windows systems only? Did you tried using a different browser?

bi_rahul April 17, 2024

I am using Chrome Browser only

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events