Does Labeling KB Articles Affect Agent View Visibility?

Leandro Cantero April 16, 2024

Hi,

Does using labels help with KB article suggestions in the customer portal only or does it help agents see suggested kb articles in the issue view in a project as well?

From the agent view, I can see all articles that have been labeled to appear in other request types. However, it doesn't display correctly (only the ones labeled with the current request type).

1 answer

1 vote
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hello @Leandro Cantero ,

Labeling the request types from my past experience is suppose to help both on the portal and when in a request type summary. It should also help on the agent side when in the ticket and the KB articles appear in the suggestion area!

here is a link to a past article to help validate this for you: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Suggested-KB-articles-for-tickets-created-by-agents/qaq-p/1226947
Here is an article that goes through the labeling exercise: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-do-you-automatically-present-articles-to-customers-in-a-request/

I hope this helps answer your question.

Respectfully Aaron.

Leandro Cantero April 16, 2024

Hi Aaron,

I had a question about the agent view where the articles being displayed don't seem to respect the configured settings in the project (Request type + label_x).

Currently, all articles are showing for the agent instead of just the article related to the request type.

In my knowledge base configuration for the service project, all request types are linked to specific labels.

Do you have any other suggestions or insights on this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events