Disable pop-up notifications

Kim Fain April 8, 2021

Is there a way to completely disable the small pop-up notification boxes?  The ones that say things like 'Issue type change...'

When mine come up, they stay there and don't disappear unless I close them.

I'd rather just not have them pop up at all.

Hopefully this is a simple fix, so thanks to all, in advance, for taking the time to respond.

8 answers

4 votes
Lee April 13, 2022

While your at it, how do I permanently dismiss this little gem?  Any time the page reloads its back again.  

Modal Spam.png

1 vote
Ben Kvisler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2023

Would love a native solution. Thanks!

benl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2023

100% agree, they're so painful!!

1 vote
David Nguyen December 31, 2021

Had the same request to disable this extremely obtrusive “feature” here  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JIRA-Board-Slide-Out-Notifications/qaq-p/1884574

As a temporary fix until JIRA adds a setting to disable this “feature”, I created a chrome browser extension that hides the slide out notifications css selector.

1 vote
Matt Goulet October 14, 2021

Please make this happen! It's counter productive, this feature,

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Kim Fain 

Unfortunately, it cannot be turned off. We have an open issue in our backlog to make this configurable:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-788

Cheers

Kim Fain April 8, 2021

Bummer.  Is there a timeline for a fix?

Kim

Like # people like this
Craig Pero October 18, 2023

We are at the end of 2023.  Any progress on this?

Like # people like this
Kieran Murphy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

And now well into 2024 I think the progress is find another platform.

Not just because the feature is incredibly annoying - but if it takes 3 years for a tiny change like this to make it through to development and release, it's highly concerning.

Like James Oliver likes this
James Oliver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 7, 2024

Not a developer. When I see something like this with no end user context,JiraPopUp.png

my first thought is malware.

Alex McColgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 14, 2024

I am a developer. When I see something like this that:
will not go away when you hit escape,
takes over the screen so you can't invoke developer tools,
repeatedly appears even after you have hit dismiss
JiraPopUp.png
I absolutely know it is malware.  

why does Jira spam its customers?

0 votes
Simon Sahli March 18, 2024

Just to be check, it is still not possible to completely turn off notifications in the Atlassian cloud for a specific Jira product (from a test environment) ?

I know that I can turn off email notifications, but I am referring to the one of the notification bell.

0 votes
Kelly Colina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 18, 2024

Just started using Jira and encountered this same issue. Pop-up notif is so distracting. So I guess there's no native solution to disable it until now?

0 votes
Barret Williams March 22, 2022

If you have an ad blocker installed, simply hide the popup element.  AdBlockPlus did it for me...no more pop-ups.

Sonika Arora February 13, 2023

Thank you, this was super helpful!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events