Can i have dynamic filters , which pick the latest labels by prefix.

Karthiek Satyagari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

I want to create a filter , which i can use in my dashboards. 
And i want the filter to pick the latest label with the highest prefix number. 

ex : labels = 1-item, 2-item , 3-item

I want the filter to pick the latest "-item" label . is this possible? So if "4-item" label is created. it automatically filters according to "4-item" label and returns the results. 

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Karthiek Satyagari.

I am Marlene, product manager of Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

Your use case might be possible with our Jira cloud app. 

You could set up your dashboard as you prefer using the Quick Gadgets we offer. Then you add the Quick Controller gadget to your dashboard and create a dropdown filter for the label field. 

Once everything is set up you can filter all Quick Gadgets on your dashboard dynamically per label. 

You can check out Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards without installation on our demo dashboards.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_quick-controller.png 

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Karthiek Satyagari 

Would the filter be adding the additional label? Or filtering based on just that last label?

And it's always a numeric starting value?

---

It isn't possible natively with dashboards; but there might be a workaround using Automation, or an App that can do this.

Perhaps it'd also be good to understand what's the need here? Why do you require this?

Ste

Karthiek Satyagari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

it would be filtering based on the last label. and yes ,its always going to be a numeric value.  We create new labels for every new release . and this label gets added to tickets .and its always an increment in the prefix of the label. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events