Switch accounts

Ivan Kobylyansky February 6, 2018

Can I switch accounts in the program?

I work with two different companies.
And manage two accounts
Is it possible to switch between them in the interior of the system without exiting?

Thanks

9 answers

2 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Hi @Ivan Kobylyansky,

I agree with @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_

The only thing I have to contribute is a suggestion for managing the way you access your accounts.  In the Chrome browser, I create a profile for each company.  That's helpful for more than just Jira.  Ex:  Profile A has bookmarks, settings, extensions, history, and tabs/bookmarks for Jira, that company's email, etc.  Profile B has all different settings.  For example, I have one Chrome window open for my "Atlassian Community" profile right now a second Chrome window open for a totally different type of "work."  And, you can switch between profiles easily.  Here's more info on that feature:  https://www.howtogeek.com/207614/everything-you-need-to-know-about-google-chromes-profile-switcher/  This is the only way I can keep my different "roles" and Atlassian IDs straight!

Also, for your Jira timeout question, have a look at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-default-session-timeout-604209887.html

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright

1 vote
Ivan Kobylyansky February 8, 2018

How for example in Slask?example.png

1 vote
Ivan Kobylyansky February 8, 2018

Hi Dzmitry

My question. Is it possible to switch between companies like Slask?

Thanks.

1 vote
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2018

Hello Ivan,

If you work with two different companies, you should be using two different Jira instances for each of them, and therefore you can be logged into both simultaneously from different accounts. Is it the case?

0 votes
donald wilson
Banned
January 6, 2020

asdsad

0 votes
Ivan Kobylyansky February 9, 2018

Thanks Rachel

0 votes
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2018

It looks weird. I'm currently running 3 different Jira environments and am logged into 3 different Jira accounts. Try to reach Atlassian Support Team to solve this.

0 votes
Ivan Kobylyansky February 9, 2018

Hi Dzmitry
Unfortunately, it does not work out that way. I tried to use this method.

( Jira instances at a time by having them on separate browser tabs and being logged into different accounts as well.)

There is an automatic Logout of one of the accounts.
Maybe you need to configure the program for this.
Thank you.

0 votes
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
February 9, 2018

Unfortunately you cannot do that in Jira, because accounts that belong to different companies belong to different databases as well, so it's just technically impossible to manage two accounts from one instance of the program (that's as far as I know). But, as I said, there's no problem in working with several different Jira instances at a time by having them on separate browser tabs and being logged into different accounts as well.

Suggest an answer