Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

[Deprecated] Insights in Jira Software Cloud Team'21 demo: Feedback and discussion Edited

Sally Stone Atlassian Team Mar 24, 2021

Insights in Jira Software Cloud are now in open beta! Check out our blog for details and share your feedback. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Introducing-insights-for-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/1746357

7 comments

Hi, will this be pluggable for marketplace vendors?

Hi @Julia _ 55 Degrees , thanks for your interest in Insights feature.

Indeed our long term view is to make this pluggable for marketplace vendors. But with the feature in its' early days, hence the beta, we still have a lot to build out and refine.

We want to makes sure the feature's foundation is solid and set up for success before opening it up for marketplace vendors. We'll be reaching out to marketplace community when we're ready to do so. 

In the meantime, please enjoy the feature which will be rolled out to everyone in a month or two. 

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manager

Thanks for the news @Erika Sa . If you need guinea pigs for when you release the plug-in points, please reach out. Or, if you have any other help you need - just reach out. We're invested in making insights a great feature.

Loved the demo at Atlassian Team! Is there a way to get into the beta? :)  Would love to try these out with my team.

Like Mo Beigi likes this

Hi @Sean McKenna

The Insights in Cloud feature (beta) will be available to you soon in a month or two.

Regards,
Mo

Just finished watching the demo during Teams 2021. How can we get in the beta? Also, is this going to be an extra cost, or part of Jira Premium?

Like Mo Beigi likes this

Hi @David Wuth ,

The Insights in Cloud feature (beta) will be available to you soon in a month or two.

The feature will be available to cloud customers on all editions of Jira Software.

Regards,
Mo

Like David Wuth likes this

Will Insights be available for Data Center Jira Software?

Like # people like this
Erika Sa Atlassian Team May 06, 2021

Hi @Jennifer Flinn , great question. As we continue to learn from this beta rollout in Jira Cloud, we'll discuss how to bring it to Data Center as well. 

You can keep informed about Data Center roadmap on our public roadmap, refer to "Data insights across Cloud and Data Center" 

Cheers,

Erika Sa

I think this new development is great and I'd like to share the video with my team of Scrum Masters, is there a link that I can share with them? Also, as we are a month further down the line, is there an ETA as to when this will be rolled out

Like Curt Holley likes this

What @Lynne Ratcliffe said 👆

Very excited by Insights and a wondering, if I can get involved in Beta, or how far away it is from being available on Cloud?  @Erika Sa 

@Sally Stone  Any update for this question?

Erika Sa Atlassian Team Jul 02, 2021

Hi @Lynne Ratcliffe

Insights is now available to all edition in team managed projects. We're hoping to get it rolled out to 100% of company managed projects in the next 2 weeks. Thanks for your anticipation for this feature!

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Like Lynne Ratcliffe likes this
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 28, 2021

Hi @Sally Stone

I am just wondering if "Insights" is part of "Data Lake" or if it is considered a completely different approach/product?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Introducing-Atlassian-Data-Lake-for-Jira-Software-Early-Access/ba-p/1584438

Cheers,
Daniel

Erika Sa Atlassian Team Jul 02, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers 

Insights is an in-product feature that is designed to provide actionable data points to teams in context.

With the data lake, you get access to a structured data set, which is purpose built to be simple to query and simple to plug into your own BI tools. 

I hope this explains the difference.

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Curt Holley Community Leader Jul 04, 2021

@Erika Sa @Sally Stone Any update on when this is likely to be available?

Because strangely I saw it briefly (last week sometime) in our instance of cloud. 

I clicked on a story on a scrum board and it opened in the sidebar (which is not how I have my set-up). I then noticed the "Insights" button above. I got all excited, clicked the button and........my browser froze. Upon a refresh, the button was gone and when I clicked on a story, it opened normally as a full 'dialog' screen.

Like Sally Stone likes this
Sally Stone Atlassian Team Jul 07, 2021

@Curt Holley the insights beta is rolling out, so it's possible you are seeing these in your cloud instance. Stay tuned for the broader announcement very soon! 

Curt Holley Community Leader Jul 07, 2021

Cool @Sally Stone  

Yes, I saw it again yesterday. Hung around most of the day (on & off), but it was only the button and new look (or is that old look 🤔) sidebar view of the issue selected. No actual Insights ever became visible.

Really looking forward to this though.

Like Sally Stone likes this

Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🚀 Weekly Atlassian News Roundup by Jexo & Adaptavist | 27th September 2021

Happy Monday community! This week Monday coffee with Jexo welcomed a special guest - @Jari Worsley from Adaptavist to present you the latest news from the Atlassian ecosystem. Thank you fo...

43 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you