Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Cloud support SSO?

adrian moylan March 17, 2020

we are considering adding Jira Cloud Service Desk to the Atlassian products we already use. but have questions to answer for due diligence: 

1) does Jira Cloud support Single Sign On? Is there documentation to support the setup? 

2) can we as local administrators control minimum password complexity? are there any restrictions on complexity e.g. prohibited characters / pw max length etc?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2020

Hi Adrian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

1) Atlassian has a product called Atlassian Access to that can to SSO to JSD Cloud. You can find more info here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/access

2) That's not something I am familiar with, but if you are doing it through SSO, I would think the front end client would handle that. 

adrian moylan March 18, 2020

SSO would take some time to set up given current strain on our systems. meeting organisation min. password complexity would allow us to proceed for a short period without SSO 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

Take a look here then and see if it helps.  :-)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/password-policies-938859739.html

Todd Szalla April 9, 2020

@adrian moylan  beware the cost of adding SSO...for 10 agents and 500 users it increases the cost 7X.

JSD w/o SAML

10 agents @ $200/yr + 500 users = $2000/yr

+ SAML

500 users @ $2/mos = $12,000/yr

0 votes
Ananjan_miniOrange July 3, 2023

Hey @adrian moylan 

I hope you've got answers to your questions. In case you are still looking for something specific then, I would like you to know that we have got a solution, SSO Integration with Helpdesks which can possibly cater to all your requirements.

Just check it out once and feel free to let us know! For your reference please take a quick glance at this document to better understand our solution.

For more information, you can raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com. 

Best Regards,

Ananjan Mishra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events