JIRA Automation Flows between ITSM -> Project -> ITSM

CHESTER RAMOS October 5, 2021

Hi All

Good day, I am trying to create automation rules between JIRA Service Management (HR Project ), JIRA Business Project Board (Business Project) and back to JIRA Service Management.

Project Name:
JIRA HR ITSM:  HR Request
JIRA Project : Human Resource Project

Scenario:
1. An Employee accesses JIRA HR Service Mgt to request for employee ID replacement.
The request is then automatically routed to JIRA Business.
I have created the following rules to route JIRA HR SM Request to JIRA Business. 

First Rule.JPG

The automation rule above works perfectly and request are routed to JIRA Business Project.

2. Now since the request has been 'thrown' to JIRA Business project, I would like to add a rule that will auto-assign the ticket based on "Summary" of the ticket. 
I have perform trial and error to JIRA Business automation , but I cannot seem to auto "assign" task. I only have the screen cap below (see screen cap). 

First Rule 2.JPG
As mentioned , what I am trying to establish is to auto-assign the ticket baed on the "Summary" 
Eg: "Request for ID" will be auto assign to me, instead of assigning it manually. 

Furtheremore, I would like to automatically have information about the ticket raised in JIRA SM in the following field (see screen cap below) shown in the task created in JIRA business project. 

first rule 10.jpg

3. Lastly, what I am trying to establish is to auto update the initial raised ticket from JIRA SM once the following action has been completed (please see screen cap). Is there any way I can do this? 

First Rule 3.JPG

Once item 3 has been completed, the approver in the JIRA SM can close the ticket.

Apology for the tons of questions. Appreciate your time in reading my question.

Thanks and stay safe,

Chester

1 comment

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Hello @CHESTER RAMOS ,

Can you post a screenshot of the configuration for the automation for #2 so we can help troubleshoot.

CHESTER RAMOS October 5, 2021

Hi @edwin vasquez Good day! Actually I do not have an working automation rule under JIRA Business Project. I have been performing trial and error.
But here is sample of the auto rule I have tried. 

In other words, once the "Auto Assigned" Assignee in Business project updates the status to "Done", it will update the parent ticket. 

Thanks 

auto3.JPGtrial1.JPG

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events