Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Integrating customer Forms with JIRA - what is the best way? Edited

Hoping that I can get some experienced feedback regarding this challenge!

The challenge: my company has an application that they want to put a dynamic form on for certain service requests.

Form Requirements:

• Needs to be dynamic (in other words, a particular field selection might show different questions or hide certain sections of the form).

• Accept multiple documents

• Multiple forms (likely around 3) that when a submission is made, a Jira ticket is made to a certain JIRA project and contains the attachments quickpayportal

Our current JIRA setup:

• Jira Software

• We have 3 classic projects well established for the 3 different types of services. We would likely want to keep this setup in place

Options:

• Jira Service Desk: Our qualms about this is it requires more licenses and also, we already have well-established projects for these services that we want to keep. So we would need some sort of automation that creates a ticket in the classic project and keep those two tickets status' in tandem

• Other options?? Does anyone know of other form submission software that can result in jira tickets and also ensure documents are transferred into the Jira ticket (the document transfer seems to be the part I am having a hard time finding a solution for)?

Please let me know if you have any experience with this and what your thoughts are in regards to JIRA Service Desk as well!

1 comment

Hi @Eleanor Michael ,

I'm trying to break down your requirements in my head so I'll also try and do that here.

Let me just start by saying this will require some investment. What you try to do isn't really possible with an out of the box Jira.

Especially since you are on Server you won't benefit from the build in Automation.

As your main requirement seems to be to have a type of dynamic form I'd look to either

• Adaptavist Scriptrunner where you can build out behaviours (and thus make the forms show/hide/set mandatory/... fields as required)
  • ProForma, which is a seperate form builder app for Jira (also recently acquired by Atlassian)

Now if you don't want to use Service Desk you don't have to. Both these apps can work fine with Jira Software too.

From a process perspective I would initially indeed think of JSM but as you say, if you have well established projects already and you don't require the split customer <> agent then a JSW project should be fine too. If you however do need that split, do consider adding JSM with an Automation plugin to sync up between the projects.

JSM is more than just a new project, you get a whole bunch of practices and structured processes, SLA's, customer concept,...  so depending on your workflow, it could be worth the investment.

You call it Service Requests so I'm wondering in what context that is.

So it will require a bit of investment (both time, effort and money) but i'm happy to discuss the requirements further. Just try not to overcomplicate the whole thing just because..

Like Peter Preston likes this

Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing: Incident Responders and Linked Alerts in Jira Service Management

THESE FEATURES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS --- Hello Atlassian Community! Today, we’re excited to announce the rollout of two new incident management features in Jira Service Managem...

1,917 views 10 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you