How to change comment property with ScriptRunner for cloud?

kilinich March 24, 2018

We got used to post comments with Ctrl+Enter in Jira and now, after migration to JSD (cloud version), this shortcut submits internal comment, but we need external. So I try to use scriptrunner script (via REST API, since there is no other way in cloud edition), but not succeed. How to change it? Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

Hi Kirill,

Can you please refer to the example located here.

I have just tested this example in the script console using the Update Issue example and have found that when I set the  properties for the comment to be as per below that it posts the comment as a public comment rather than an internal comment.

properties: [
            [key: "sd.public.comment", value: [ "internal": false ]]
        ]

I have also found that using the update comment rest API located here that I was able to update an internal comment to mark it as a public comment using the example rest call below.

def result = put("/rest/api/2/issue/${issueKey}/comment/<commentIDHere>")
    .header("Content-Type", "application/json")
    .body([
        body: "Changing ID from an internal comment to a public comment",
        properties: [
            [key: "sd.public.comment", value: [ "internal": false ]]
        ]
    ]).asString()

This method should allow you turn internal comments into public comments.

Thanks

Kristian

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

Hi Kirill,

If this answer has managed to answer your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users searching for a similar question can see that this has been marked as a correct answer.

Kristian

kilinich April 11, 2018

yep, thank you, that works just fine!

Make all comment external by default:

put("/rest/api/2/issue/$issue.key/comment/$comment.id")
.header(
"Content-Type", "application/json")
.body([body: comment.body, properties: [[key: "sd.public.comment", value: ["internal": false ]]]])
.asString()

0 votes
Sergio Palacio July 19, 2018

What happend if I need to add the value of a custom field to the body? (comment)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events