Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i turn off mentioned users automatically becoming request participants ?

Ole William Hansen October 14, 2021

In Service Managenent-Automation rules, mentioned users automatically becomes request participants.

How can I change this ? - I don't want these mentioned users to be participants.

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

So it appears you are indicating that there is an automation rule of some sort responsible for adding mentions to the watcher list. Is this correct? If so can you not simply disable this action in the automation? 

Ole William Hansen October 14, 2021

The case is as follows:

I have a Service Management Project

The automation menu gives me an opportunity to add a rule for urgent issues when reported/created by the customer.

Both in the case of using  alert user (providing a list of users) and in the case of using add internal comment (and mentioning users), these users automatically becomes request participants. I Just want to alert them about this new urgent issue which is created, I don't want them as request participants. 

This has nothing to do with watchersScreenshot 2021-10-14 at 15.29.31.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

Hi @Ole William Hansen,

It is indeed not so much your automation rule, but the mere fact that you mention users on the ticket that triggers this behaviour.

As you can read in the documentation, mentioning users does automatically add them to the ticket as request participants. This is by design, as the underlying assumption is that people you want to involve in the ticket have a need or value to stay informed of updates. As a JSM ticket can involve both internal users (agents) external users (customers), Request participants are used to ensure everyone can be involved.

Also note that users can - from the email notifications they receive - opt out of further notification emails about the ticket.  

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Ole William Hansen October 18, 2021

Ok, I understand the behaviour, although I want this to behave as before: Mentioned users in automation only belonging to service_desk_team or other internal users, and the transition to request participants or not, should be controllable within the automation rule (and not done automatically as now).

Sverre Moe October 19, 2021

{quote}

This is by design, as the underlying assumption is that people you want to involve in the ticket have a need or value to stay informed of updates.

{quote}

You do not need to be an participant for this. Internal users only need to be Watchers.

The problem is that our internal users when becoming Participants , they cannot see the Internal Comments, which does not makes sense.

it belit November 26, 2021

The same bug for me I do not understand why the previous Jira versions could do "alert user" without adding him to participants, but now it is must be....

For my scenario I used this automation for the informing all service desk agents about new ticket via e-mail, after Jira upgrading this rule was completely unusefull.

There is also no way to clear this list of users without removing those whom the ticket creator added. This innovation is absurd.

Now there are no options for informing a certain group of agents about the appearance of a ticket without cluttering their mail with all the correspondence on the ticket, even if another agent took the ticket to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events