I've been noticing some questions pop-ing up related with agent notifications on service desks. Most of them have to do with notifying agent when an issue is created and while this is configurable via notification scheme in Classic projects you could to use Automation to have a lightweight approach. Automation is also present in JSD Next Gen projects so it works, today!
You should continue reading if you want a easy way to configure notifications on ticket create, have a small team of agents you want to ping or if you love Next Gen but need Notifications.
1. The first step is to head over to the Automation page and to click create a new custom rule.
2. Add the on "Issue created" trigger
3. Select the "Alert user" action and fill in the "Users to mention" with the users you want to alert when an issue is created.
4. Don't forget to save the above!
5.(Optional) You could add a condition to apply this to select request types. For example you might want agents to be notified only of new account requests vs other types like hardware requests.
1. Go to your portal and fill in a ticket.
2. Go to the agent view an see the automation comment internally and mentioning the users you want to alert.
This works well if you have a small number of agents you want to manage. In my opinion anything above 10 per automation rule is going to prove hard to manage.
You can make use of this in Classic as well as Next Gen so you're not going to feel the difference.
The purpose of this post is to help people identify and resolve some of the most common problems that affect customer accounts in JSM projects. 1. Customers can't see their own requests in...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events