"Add goal" (edit field) bulk action

Nate Dame March 11, 2022

It would be super cool to, in this example, be able to add a goal to multiple issues at a time:

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 4.42.34 PM.png

Of course a fully functional "edit any field in bulk" featureset would be great, but in this case it's to add one entity to a multi-select...

2 comments

Comment

nwatson March 13, 2022

Yes!! Bulk editing a list of items would be very dreamy.

Like Tere Pile likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

@Nate Dame @nwatson it is already possible: if you select multiple ideas (the checkbox to the left of the list) and change any field value (including goals) it will apply the value to all the ideas you've selected. 

Does that help? 

Nate Dame March 15, 2022

Aha, that's great! I would NOT have expected that behavior to be honest. But now that I see it, sure that's great...

But, it does not work for multiple select fields. If one field has certain options selected, those are overwritten when this bulk action is completed. Check it out:

Screen Recording 2022-03-15 at 09.36.36 AM.gif
https://pr.fnd.st/7KuQ2QPP

It's this behavior, with multiple select fields, that really messes me up.

I'd prefer that only the exact action I took (adding one selection, removing one selection, etc.) is applied to all. But instead, the bulk editing is overwriting all final selections to all issues, which is erasing data.

Example use case (which I imagine is common): I just created a new Goal in the goal field. I want to review all issues to consider whether or not I should add them to that goal. I'd love to add that goal to many issues at once. But the current bulk edit as you describe will erase all other goals each of those issues have if I just try to add that one new goal to them.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2022

Thanks @Nate Dame , that definitely makes sense for the multi-select field. We'll think about a way to tackle that. 

Like Nate Dame likes this
Nate Dame March 15, 2022

Amazing! Thank you! Would be absolutely awesome if you can make this happen, without the longer (albeit powerful) "Bulk edit" type experience.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events