Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access features for Jira Product Discovery

Zuzana Sekerova October 14, 2021
Our admins ran into an issue getting the Product Discovery project set up as private.  They added all Product Managers as admins but with the private setting, no other jira system admins could access the project (but they could see it in the project list). Nor could I access the project, even though I was a project admin. They had to set the project from private to limited. to resolve the issue.

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hi Zuzana, the way this works is:

- if you make a project private then only the people who have been explicitly added to the project can access it.

- If you make it limited then anyone with access to the Jira site can at least view ideas and comment (and you can grant people more access).

- If you make it open then anyone with access to the Jira site can create/edit ideas/views. 

System administrators are no exception: they can only access a project if they have been given access to the project by the project administrators. 

Zuzana Sekerova October 15, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson I didn't do the setup but my understanding is that the project was created private and I was added as a project administrator and still couldn't see the project in the list or access it via a provided link. 🤷‍♀️
Again, since I wasn't doing the setup, can't really guarantee the order of operations but our Jira admins aren't noobs.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2021

Thanks for the feedback Zuzana - we'll look into it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events