"Clone" task to epic in another project

Alexander Menschikov April 5, 2020

Hello, I wonder if it's possible to add a button to Jira (or some script that can be run from menu) that:
1. Clones task from current project to epic in another project

2. Sets up some specific link type between them

We have two projects - Product and Development. Our workflow is next: devs pick tasks from Product project and create associated epics in their Development project (then they break down them to their development tasks and subtasks), then they link those epics (Dev Project) with original product backlog tasks (Product project) with special custom link type.

I want to automate this process, so teamlead will just press a button in product backlog task and jira will create epic in their project automatically with necessary link

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi Alexander - We do this using Automation For Jira. You can specify with a condition in what cases there will actually be a new issue created. And Automation For Jira is now free as a part of Jira. 

Alexander Menschikov April 6, 2020

Hi John, thanks I use it too, but I don't know how to set up my rule there

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Go ahead and try to get started with it and post to the community when you have problems or need help.  :-)

Suggest an answer