add issue to component

Ufuk Fakioglu March 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Organizing work with components

Ask your question here...

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Hi Ufuk,

first of all you should add new components to your project

You should also add Component's field to the screen in this project

You are be able to use components.

If you will have any question please let me know.

Neslihan Anık April 29, 2019

Hi,

I added components to my project. When I open the components part, I can see the components I have created. however, when I open a component, it says 'there are no issues yet' I click on create issue, and issue creating page is opened. however, after creating an issue, that issues is shown under the project, not the component I want it to be in. 

I use jira on web btw. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Melissa Cunningham June 4, 2019

I'm having this same issue. Has a solution been created? 

If we can't link issues to components...then what good is it to have a component? I might be misunderstanding the point of having components. 

Wallace Mann September 4, 2019

Same issue, I think.

Once I have created a component, all newly created issues have the components drop-down, no problem.

But ... issues created BEFORE I created the first component, do not show the components drop down, and I can not figure out how to associate the old issue with it's component.

I love that Atlassian keeps adding more and more new features to handle obscure use cases.  I would love it even more if the basic, simple stuff was easy.

Like mahdi_hosseinali likes this
Jason Beguas June 17, 2020

I also have this problem, can anyone help regarding this? Thanks

sean wilson July 30, 2020

for those having issues with an issue created before the components you need to do the following:

Settings > issues > screens:

for the create issue screen AND Edit/View screen for your project: click configure.

then simply add the Component/s field.

you can now Edit those issues already created and assign to newly created issues.

Charles Robertson April 22, 2021

I am trying to create a new issue for SourceTree, but I don’t know how to fill in the Component field. The drop down does not show me any values? Why does Atlassian have to create unnecessary complexity like this?

Suggest an answer