Will more options come to business project boards?

Andy Beard June 22, 2022

I'm setting up a new board for a project and noticed that setting up the issues and workflows is now greatly simplified and seems to be more flexible (or at least doesn't require mastery of the mystic arts to understand), and was wondering if anybody knew if features such as being able to directly configure the kanban board columns and swimlanes was something that would eventually come to business projects?

I did look at setting up a Software project, but it looks a bit overkill for what we need it for but I do like the extra options for directly configuring the board and setting limits that highlight the column when it reaches a threshold.

I note that even on the business projects the new workflow setup screen tells you to configure the columns via the Board options which aren't available. Wasn't sure if this is an oversight or a hint at things to come!

Thanks. :) 

2 answers

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Andy Beard !

Thanks for your feedback. We're still in the early stages of improving a lot of functionality in Jira Work Management, and will be continuing to release features for the board view over the coming financial year.

Of the ones you've mentioned, how would you rank these in terms of importance? What kind of configuration would you be most excited to see on the board (and throughout as well!) 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi Andy,

Maybe @Jane Yeoh can help answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events