Wiki Style Renderer for Custom Field missing Add attachment link

Srikanth Sunkara November 30, 2016

I have created a Multi line custom field and change the renderer to wiki style. 

When I try to create an issue containing this custom field - the attachment link is missing, where as it appear for default description field in other project. 

Please see the screen shot below

Image 1 - attachment option available (highlighted in red)

jira issue1.png

Image 2 - attachment option not available

jira issue 2.png

The image 2 create issue screen contains multiple multi line custom fields. What I am trying to achieve here is each and every multi line custom field should show the attachment option.

Please help  

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Hi Srikanth,

If you add the Attachment field to your screen, the button will show.

For example:

Without Attachment field on screen:

without-attachment.jpg

With Attachment field on screen:

with-attachment.jpg

Sam

SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV August 26, 2019

I am facing the same issue.

I have created a multi line text field and changed its Renderer to Wiki Style Renderer.

When I try to create the issue in the same tab and the Create Issue screen comes as a pop up in the same tab, the attachment button is VISIBLE, but when I try to create issue by right- clicking on the Create button and choosing option: Open in a new tab, the attachment button is INVISIBLE. I am trying this with jira-admin id and it has the permission to add attachment and system field Attachment is added in the screen. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events