Which should be a part of a Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories

Eager_To_Learn February 13, 2020

Hi,

I want to know which should be a part of a Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories?

The scenario is that we have issues in Jira and GitHub that are marked as use cases and user stories.
We have swimlanes: To Do, Under Progress, Under Review, In Testing, Tested and Done.

I know that agile frameworks only talk about Product Backlog Items and the terms like Epic, User Story, Use Cases, Task, Sub-Task are practically for team discussions but yet I need to find out what should I put in the Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories.

User Story defines the story/requirement from a user's perspective.

Use Case defines the scenario(s) in which that requirement (feature) will be used by the user.

So should it be better to define a User Story first as a separate Jira and GitHub Task and then create Sub-Tasks as user cases. But how to integrate them within a Kanban board under these swimlanes: To Do, Under Progress, Under Review, In Testing, Tested and Done, that is my main challenge.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Eager_To_Learn 

In the dashboard you can see everything and they will be located in the columns according to the status of the user story or the use case

All the work that is being done by the team (s) must be reflected on the board.

Cheers

Suggest an answer