Where is the Issue Layout item in Service Desk project settings?

Eddy Borremans June 24, 2019

May I expect a way to change the layout of the (new) Service Desk Issue View?

TL-DR:

Service Desk issues are affected by the new Issue View, however the Configure option is missing from the 'three dots menu'. In addition, the service desk project settings do not have an Issue Layout menu item. 

I guess this is related to the fact that I am obviously not supposed to be able to access Project Settings of a Service Desk project? I tricked JIRA by constructing a Project Settings link by looking at the format of such a link in a regular JIRA project. 

Of course I want to be able to configure screens, workflows and use boards in my service desk projects (even though I have to use a non-service desk project to store my service desk workflow boards. I guess the underlying reason of all this is the incompleteness of:

1. my understanding how to use service desk projects

2. service desk configurability compared to regular JIRA projects

The left side refers to project settings of a regular JIRA project

The right side refers to project settings of a JIRA Service Desk project

z8Pr4bN

2 answers

0 votes
acam April 3, 2024

This is now available for Jira Service Desk projects too. 

Go to Settings -> Request Types. Locate the desired request type and navigate to "Issue view" tab. This is practically the same as Issue Layout on Jira Software projects.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hello Eddy,

Currently, the Issue layout is available only for Jira Software projects. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability for Service Desk:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7871
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

To change the order of the fields on a Service Desk project you can go to Project settings > Screens > Select the desired screen > Click on Screenshot 2019-07-02_17-43-07-830.png> Click on the screen and change the order of the fields.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer