What does it mean when a ticket is completed outside a spint

Caroline Pham October 18, 2016

The Sprint report often shows "Issues complete outside a sprint". What does this mean outside a sprint? Sometimes, we pulled tickets in the middle of the sprint. Is that why? 

How about tickets that are carried over multiple sprints? 

thanks. 

caroline 

2 answers

1 vote
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Those issues are completed outside the scope of the sprint time frame. Please check the resolved date of the issues and refer the below links as well.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37859236

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39231597

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

A board filters for a set of issues.  A sprint includes a sub-set of those issues, the ones you have chosen to work on for the sprint.

If you take an issue that is not included in the current sprint, and complete it while the sprint is running, then, well it is an "issue complete outside a sprint".  You didn't plan it into the sprint, but did it anyway, outside the sprint.

Issues spanning many sprints are fine, they'll just be not complete in older sprints, although they should be rare (if it happens a lot, your estimates need improving)

Gayathri Devi November 10, 2017

"issue complete outside a sprint" were can we see this report details . 

Pls assist

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

It's in the sprint report, as mentioned in the question.

Thanks for the Reply.

I got it .

but i am seeing the task that is created out of sprint as "Issues Removed From Sprint"

is both meant same?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2017

No.  Issues removed from a sprint are issues you have in the sprint when you start it, but decide to remove, putting them back into the backlog or another sprint.  Not new issues (unless you are adding them to the sprint and then removing them)

currently i have a open sprint which is active. I am creating a task and not taking to this active sprint. and changing the task to done , still my sprint is active. 

in which report i can see this done task 

i thought i can see this task under the "issue complete outside a sprint", but in the sprint report i don't see any header like this.

pls assist

Suggest an answer