We're getting this error when trying to backup from cloud and restore to server

Daniel Joseph McLean November 16, 2020

Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:GroupAttribute][id,13747] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO atis_jira_schema.cwd_group_attributes (ID, group_id, directory_id, attribute_name, attribute_value, lower_attribute_value) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'atis_jira_schema.cwd_group_attributes' with unique index 'uk_group_attr_name_lval'. The duplicate key value is (<NULL>, <NULL>, <NULL>).)) java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:GroupAttribute][id,13747] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO atis_jira_schema.cwd_group_attributes (ID, group_id, directory_id, attribute_name, attribute_value, lower_attribute_value) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'atis_jira_schema.cwd_group_attributes' with unique index 'uk_group_attr_name_lval'. The duplicate key value is (<NULL>, <NULL>, <NULL>).))

1 answer

0 votes
Bobby Hartsfield January 15, 2021

@Daniel Joseph McLean,

Were you able to resolve this?

I get the same error (the backup came from Cloud and is being restored to Server). I get the exact same NULL insert error on the same table. My SQL Server 2017 database collation is (per Atlassian documentation) set to Latin1_General_CI_AI and I am using the :latest tag of https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/jira-software (which is currently 8.14.0).

I've tried "cleaning" the exported data using the atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1 JAR trick but still get the same error. 

Your post is literally the only Google result for the error, table and NULL insert combination so fingers crossed that you figured this one out :-)

Daniel Joseph McLean January 15, 2021

Hi Bobby we did get this issue resolved: 

If I remember correctly, I looked at the error log and found the name of the index that was being problematic and deleted from the existing database. Once it got past that roadblock it restored without errors. Then there was the default admin user account that is created/reset. I think I just Googled that.

Like Bobby Hartsfield likes this
Daniel Joseph McLean January 15, 2021

Credit for that resolution goes to one of our engineers 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events