Want to display sub tasks on Jira core board

Dustin Strange May 15, 2019

Okay, working in Jira Core and from what I've researched there isn't a way to actually SHOW sub tasks on your board.  If that is true, it seems like there at least has to be an add on available to utilize that feature - can anyone provide any insight on this please?  Thank you! 

3 answers

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

It was confirmed by Atlassian Engineer, there is not much you can do with Boards in JIRA Core.

Best,

Fadoua

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Can you please hide any confidential information and send me a screenshot from the projects page where it shows all the boards available in your instance?

You are a cloud user, your view is totally different than mine. I am a server user.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Nm

Select one of you boards @Dustin Strange 

Click on the Down pointing arrow -> View all boards

At the very right of your screen, click on the Ellipsis (...) -> Edit Settings

Best,

Fadoua

Dustin Strange May 16, 2019

@Fadoua Let me know if this helps/if you need other info! 

This is what happens when I follow the instructions from view all boards, ellipsis (which gives me the option for project settings)...screen.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Do you have any boards in your instance @Dustin Strange ?

Please delete the screenshot with all your projects for security purposes.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Nm I deleted it. I didn't know I have a magic wand here 🙂

Like Dustin Strange likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Either whoever set it up renamed them from 'boards' to 'projects' or I don't have that function.  But when I select 'view all projects' it takes me to the screen from earlier that you deleted.  screen.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange  that's weird!!!!! Those are projects.

I would love to help you more. Let me check with Atlassian people first.

I was thinking a screensharing to guide you.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Approved!

Let me know if you want to send me a meeting invite so that you can share your screen. I will be more than happy to help.

Best,

Fadoua

Dustin Strange May 17, 2019

@Fadoua Do you have a certain program that you were thinking we could share through?  We use Slack here in my organization, not sure if we have other platforms available - thought I'd check before that next step!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Gotomeeting? Zoom?

Slack doesn't offer the option to share your screen.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2019

@Dustin Strange  thank you for sharing! I learned something.

Now the question how can I add you to my Slack?

@Fadoua Not sure how easy it is - I definitely don't have the permissions to make that happen on my side!

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/115003717963-Guest-invitation-permissions-for-organizations

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2019

@Dustin Strange  what's your email?

dustin.strange@twinspires.com

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Did you already create the board? Please let me know what you already did so that I can better assist you.

Best,

Fadoua

@Fadoua Yes, the board already exists along with issues created and in various states (to do, in progress, and done).

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Go to:

Board -> Configure -> Edit the Filter Query

Make sure to select in your JQL query tasks and sub-tasks. Your board should display both tasks and subtasks

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Fadoua

@Fadoua I don't see where I have a configure option

screen.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange  You have to be a board admin. Your JIRA Admin should grant you the permission to the board.

Best,

Fadoua

@Fadoua For better or worse, I'm a site admin.  I came into a company who was already using this software (having not previously used it myself), and they made me a site admin.  So is this something I can accomplish myself?  (And if not, how do I determine exactly who is the appropriate admin to make this happen?).

Sorry for the basic questions - I appreciate your help!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

@Dustin Strange 

Please don't apologize, I am here to help. You can ask many questions as you want. I learn through your questions 😉

Let me send you another message with the steps since you are an admin

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer