Version usage permissions

thorsan82 December 1, 2019

Is there a way to set the "usage" permissions for release versions in JIRA? That is, there are some release versions which should only be possible to set / tag issues with by e.g. project managers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

Hi @thorsan82

You can set who can set versions on a specific project by adding or removing the "Resolved Issues" permission from a project role in your permission scheme.

You can't (by default) set which of that project's versions can be set by which users.

Ste

thorsan82 December 2, 2019

Ok, thank you for your answer.

When you say  "by default", is there a way to do this by making some modifications or implementing a hook of some kind?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @thorsan82

It might be possible to script using an app such as ScriptRunner - but I've not come across this use case nor a solution for it, so I wouldn't be able to point you in a direction to customise your instance for this I'm afraid!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events