Unknown Server Error (200) when using CSV Import

Benjamin Kister March 25, 2020

Multiple people on my team are trying to import issues in different projects using the External System Import feature and are getting the error: 

Unknown Server Error 200.pngThe functionality was working last week just fine, but we have not been able to use it this week.

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Schouppe
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2022

For what it's worth, when a user encounters this issue, I have them do a Shift+Refresh before uploading the attachment again.

Cheers,
Steven

0 votes
Rodrigo B_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi @Benjamin Kister

I know it's been a long while, but for the sake of all people that find this question in the future, here is a diagnosis of mine for this problem:

Looking at the HTTP request sent by the browser to upload the file, which uses the endpoint "/rest/jira-importers-plugin/1.0/AttachTemporaryFile", I noticed the HTTP response was coming as a 200, when in fact, it should be a 201, because an upload was made, and that's how our server responds to it.

That was intriguing, why was our server answering the same procedure in different ways? So I looked up our own backend logs, and absolutely nothing was there for this call, we did not answer this.

Back to the HTTP request's response, the remote IP address was a 10.x.x.x, this is reserved for private networks, which means the answer came from the same local network. Now scroll down to the HTTP response headers and voilá, a host name, and none of our Atlassian headers, the actor was a middleware that scans requests before sending to the internet (to our server).

It turns out this middleware blocked the request, but answered to the end user's browser as a 200, as if nothing wrong happened, breaking the CSV upload experience, because it actually never happened.

Thanks!

Rodrigo Becker

Cloud Enterprise Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders