Multiple people on my team are trying to import issues in different projects using the External System Import feature and are getting the error:
The functionality was working last week just fine, but we have not been able to use it this week.
I know it's been a long while, but for the sake of all people that find this question in the future, here is a diagnosis of mine for this problem:
Looking at the HTTP request sent by the browser to upload the file, which uses the endpoint "/rest/jira-importers-plugin/1.0/AttachTemporaryFile", I noticed the HTTP response was coming as a 200, when in fact, it should be a 201, because an upload was made, and that's how our server responds to it.
That was intriguing, why was our server answering the same procedure in different ways? So I looked up our own backend logs, and absolutely nothing was there for this call, we did not answer this.
Back to the HTTP request's response, the remote IP address was a 10.x.x.x, this is reserved for private networks, which means the answer came from the same local network. Now scroll down to the HTTP response headers and voilá, a host name, and none of our Atlassian headers, the actor was a middleware that scans requests before sending to the internet (to our server).
It turns out this middleware blocked the request, but answered to the end user's browser as a 200, as if nothing wrong happened, breaking the CSV upload experience, because it actually never happened.
Cloud Enterprise Support Engineer
Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their Jira Cloud instance. ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events