The operator '!~' is not supported by the 'text' field. - Need a work around

Joe D April 26, 2019

Any tickets I'm interested in/working start my geting assigned to me. Next I mark then (add comment) with enqueue_xxx to keep in a bucket where can see all unresolved I'm working regardless of current assignee.  Problem is search for new tickets assigned to me not in 'bucket'.  Have to pull all in bucket and manually compare all assigned to me (many in bucket may be assigned to me at point in time ...). 

text ~ enqueue_xxx  -- work great

text !~ enqueue_jd -- != invalid operator for type text

2 answers

0 votes
Joe D April 29, 2019

yes great answer.  Also determined that NOT text ~ enqueue_jd  works 

Kevin Cauchi February 8, 2023

Sorry to revive this but this used to work but not anymore 

Ahmil Jilani February 15, 2023

Also not working for me. NOT text ~ "example" always returns no matches.

Kevin Cauchi February 15, 2023

@Ahmil Jilani found a workaround. I am using the specific field instead of text. In my case Summary so: NOT summary ~ "example" works

Ahmil Jilani February 15, 2023

@Kevin Cauchi In my case I am searching comments. The following both have the same (wrong) results:

comment !~ "example"
NOT comment ~ "example"

In both cases they return issues where ANY of the comments to not contain "example". That is, it only filters out comments where ALL of the comments contain "example". However, I would like to filter out issues where ANY of the comments mention "example".

It would be so nice to have a simple negation operator, but it seems like that's missing.

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2019

Hi,

If you add comment and then look for special comments use comment instead of text. And you can use !~ operator for comments:

comment !~ enqueue_jd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events