Switch Scheme button on workflow is not available for administrator

Anveshan November 25, 2019

I wanted to add new transition to existing workflow, it was not allowing to do in active workflow. I have then created the copy of workflow, made changes in the copied workflow and now wanted to Switch to the new workflow.

However the Switch Scheme and Associate buttons are not available to me. I have site administrator role and administrator role.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Hi Anveshan.

You can't switch the scheme of a workflow form the global administration.

To Switch the scheme you have to navigate to the Jira project > projects settings > workflows and there you should see a button "Use a different scheme"

Anveshan November 25, 2019

Thank you Alexander, that worked with charm.

I have been using Jira from last 7 years, with every new release of jira, as a Product manager, I feel like its getting complicated and thus confusing, especially with permissions.  

Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Atlassian is currently putting in a lot of effort to simplify the configuration of Jira Cloud projects. (check out next gen projects)

If we are lucky this will someday trickle down to Jira Server.

Like Anveshan likes this

Suggest an answer