Structure - JQL and view

Christine_Romness March 27, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to create a Structure view that shows Epics within a Project with a specific label X and only the issues (user, stories, bugs, etc.) with also the label X. The problem is that the view is showing all issues in the Epic, even the ones without the label X. 

project = Y and issuetype = Epic  AND labels = X

I extended stories under epics in automation and want only the stories/issues with the label X and they show all. Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks,

Christine

2 answers

1 vote
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2020

Hello Christine,

As Leonard already mentioned, it is possible to create a Filter transformation to show only issues of Epics with a certain label, but you can also use a Filter generator(of Automation) for this. Generators and transformations are very similar and can be used for the same purposes, but there is a difference between them: transformations only are applied to the structure locally, i.e. if you enable a transformation in a structure, it is only transformed in your browser window and other users can't see it, and generators change the structure in its core for everybody.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us via support.almworks.com if you have more questions, we'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

Thanks. I completely overlooked the Filter Generator in Automation. Works perfectly.

filter-generator.png

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi Christine

You are right, if you extend your epics with stories using automation, all stories will be displayed (even those without labels).

You will therefore need to additionally create a quickfilter for all structure levels that filters on the specific label. Leave the filter permanently activated and you will have your desired result.

structure-filter.png

Cheers
Leonard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events