Specify multiple OUs as "additional User DN" in AD/LDAP-Configuration

Jason Dunn October 14, 2019

Is it possible to specify multiple OUs  in the Additional User DN?

AdditionalUserDN.JPG

So for example, I could specify OU=Group1,OU=Group2,OU=Group3 .

Every time I try to do that, it does not work, so I'm wondering if I am missing something or if it's truly not compatible.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Schwilk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

What you need to do is under "User Schema Settings" use the "User Object Filter" to filter the groups that you want to sync.

Here is an example query:

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(|(memberOf=CN=group1,OU=container1,DC=domain,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=group2,OU=container1,DC=domain,DC=com)))

This will sync users that are part of "group1" and "group2" where the group is located in "container1".  I would create a separate OU for atlassian users then create the groups inside of that OU and make the users part of that group.

Jason Dunn October 15, 2019

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for!

Like Jim Schwilk likes this
0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Ive seen some people have success with 

OU=Group1,Group2,Group3

But cant promise that will work.

Another option would be to set up multiple directories each connecting to the same LDAP server, but with different Additional User DN entries. I have does this and it works fine. though you have to be careful with group membership as sometimes there are issues with users from different directories being in the same group.

Jason Dunn October 15, 2019

Doing "OU=Group1,Group2,Group3" sadly doesn't work.

The multiple directories works but to me I would have assumed would be a better way to go about it so I could manage it all in one Directory without having to sync multiple directories to one LDAP server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events