Setting up a multi-team and multi project enviroment

nina.bluemel February 11, 2020

The company I am working at is already using JIRA for quite some time. Therefore each team has already their own project and boards they are working with.

I have a new project now and it is affecting multiple teams. As I don't want that the teams have to change now all their settings to get my new project into their boards I a trying to figure out an option to make it as simple as possible for everybody else.

All Teams are working in their own Sprints (two weeks) and are not synced.

As my project is quite complex I fought about using components for the overall topics. The components include epics where the requirements are written down. Now I need all the different teams to accomplish all the requirements. Is it possible if now the stories are written in each project of the team and linked to my epics?

Can I work in my project still with sprints of 4 weeks as kind of a release cycle or are the stories gone as sone as a team is finishing a sprint or releases a new version (which is not affecting my project)?

Thanks for your help :)

1 answer

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Yes, if they don't already have Epics you could have them put their issues (user stories, bugs, tasks, etc) in your Epics. You can actually assign Epics to Sprints (at your desired 4 weeks) while the teams assign the issues to their 2 week sprints. If you're hoping the Epic to reflect the fix versions assigned to the lower level issues, you'll have to replicate their release versions in your project or use your fix version for something else.

Suggest an answer