Problems starting JIRA Core after updating to 8.13.11 possibly du to license problems

Björn Bittins September 29, 2021

Today I updated a JIRA Core instance to 8.13.11 and now Jira won't start anymore. The server is located in an isolated network with no nternet connection.

When starting the service and try to access Jira via browser I am redirected to .../secure/errors.jsp and see an error page showing HTTP 503 (service unavailable) and a lot of binary data/special characters.

Logs are showing no errors except atlassian-jira-log:

Your current Jira Core license doesn't allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (8.13.11). Jira Core expired on 18/Feb/21 2:00 PM, and you can currently only upgrade to versions released prior to this date. Alternatively you can renew your license at my.atlassian.com (http://my.atlassian.com) which will allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (8.13.11). You can enter your new license here (/support/secure/ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense!default.jspa).

In MyAtlassian I see that my licence is valid until Feb 2023. If I add my license info on the page from the error message nothing is happening (maybe it needs internet connection?).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

It does not need a connection to validate the licence, you just need to paste the current licence key into the licence box and save it there, all the validation is done on the key without going out to the internet.

If it is not attempting to save it, you'll need to read the logs in <Jira home>/logs to see what error is being thrown when you try to save it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events