Problem with Jira Cloud for Sheets

Bartosz Solarski July 17, 2019

Hi,

I have problem with Jira Cloud for sheets.

When I click on open, an empty window opens. I can't log in. Where is problem?image1.JPG

3 answers

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hello @Bartosz Solarski ,

If my understanding is correct you were able to install the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets add-on, but you are not able to connect to Jira by following the steps to connect to Jira  from the below documentation page since nothing is displayed when clicking on Open:

Can you kindly confirm this is correct and that you are following the steps from above documentation?

Now, if this is the case, I have just followed the same steps and this is what I see after installing the add-on in Google Sheets, when I click on Open:

Jira-sheets.jpg

If you cannot see what's shown in the above screenshot, can you kindly let us know the following:

1. If you have tried uninstalling and re-installing the add-on from Google Sheets
  2. If you have tried repeating the process using different Internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE) or in an incognito/private window
  3. If you have any security mechanism installed on your computer (antivirus, internet security tools, etc) that might be interfering with this
  4. If you use any proxy or VPN to connect to Internet. In this case, have you tried performing the same task from a different computer and internet connection?

If you are following different steps, or trying to do anything different, please let us know and provide as many details as possible.

Finally, I can see you have opened a support request for this issue. In case you get the issue solved in there, please take some time to paste the solution in here as well, so that it can be useful to other community members. 

Cheers,
Dario 

0 votes
Bruno Marques November 28, 2023

@Bartosz Solarski 

Resolveu o seu problema com esta solução?

0 votes
Bartosz Solarski July 22, 2019

I found solution. Propably port is blocked. Which port communicate add-on?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi @Bartosz Solarski ,

The add-on should be using the standard https port (443). 

However, I am able to reproduce the reported behavior by installing the add-on and not configuring it at the first time. Then apparently something is left in the browser session that prevents the add-on from correctly displaying the next time:

non-incognito-does-not-work.jpg

However, if then I access the same google sheet with the same account from an Incognito window, everything is working fine:

Incognito-works-ok.jpg

I have tested this in the latest version of Chromium (Version 75.0.3770.90).

Can you kindly try to configure the add-on using an incognito or private window (depending on the used browser) or use a different internet browser and let us know if this works for you as well? 

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer