New Jira issue view missing web link

jason June 4, 2019

In the old Jira issue view you could use a keyboard shortcut "." to quickly open the Link dialogue window and add a Web Link.  How do I access this shortcut, or feature through the new UI, to add Web Links to Jira issues using the new design?  In my case, I'm looking to do this in epic, story and bug issue types.

2019-06-04_11-07-48.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Michael Johnson November 20, 2019

I have used web links extensively, and you are telling me that not hiding that data from me in my own tickets is a new feature? That's not OK.

In the past, I have recommended use of JIRA as a system of record, but considering this a "feature request" means that I can no longer recommend that in good faith.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hello Jason,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, the web link is not available on the new view. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70211
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

jason June 5, 2019

@Angélica Luz - thank you for this response. 

Is there a way that I can disable the new user experience until it is at feature parity with the legacy UI, or change the default user experience to the legacy one until later?

This seems more like a bug than a feature enhancement request, if the intention was to improve the user experience and not break it.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

You can disable the new view by going to your Personal settings and disable the Jira labs.
Note that, if you are using next-gen, the new view is the default view so even disabling on your profile, next-gen will still show the new view. To check tickets created on next-gen with the old view, you will have to go to Issues and Filters > Search issues.

Alice Schur November 19, 2019

Hello,

As of today, Jira obliges me to use the new UI.... So do you wanna tell me, that all my attached web links are lost?

Please add the feature asap!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events